Rick H. Izumi:
Rheuben Allen Music Education Foundation
Vice President / Secretary
Partner (818) 678-0890
RICK H. IZUMI, CMI, is a Principal/Partner in the State & Local Tax Consulting firm of ITA, LLC located in Chatsworth, California. Mr. Izumi handles Property Tax, Sales & Use Tax and other state and local tax matters and issues for taxpayers all over the United States. Duties include tax planning, compliance, assessment appeals and supervision of audits for clients. Clients of ITA, LLC are among the largest in the world and represent many diverse industries.
Previously, Mr. Izumi was the Assistant Secretary and Director of Property, Sales Taxes & CAM Expense Control for the Broadway Stores, Inc. (f.k.a. Carter, Hawley, Hale Stores, Inc.) located in Los Angeles, California. In that capacity, Mr. Izumi was in charge of tax planning, tax compliance, assessment appeals, audit supervision and interfacing with state and local tax agencies. In addition, he was in charge of the common area expense function and the real estate audit program.
Formerly Mr. Izumi was employed by Strategis Asset Management, a State and Local Tax Consulting firm. He also worked for the Los Angeles County Assessor’s Office where he served as an auditor appraiser, in addition to working as a compliance examiner for the National Association of Securities Dealers.
In 1990, California Governor George Deukmejian appointed Mr. Izumi to serve on the California Citizens Compensation Commission, the body that sets the salary levels for elected state constitutional and legislative officials.
A graduate of the University of California at Los Angeles, Mr. Izumi holds a BA in Economics. He is Chairman of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation’s (IPT) Property Tax School Committee, where he has served as an instructor for the Institute since 1991. Mr. Izumi has served on many committees and spoken on many topics for IPT, other tax organizations and community organizations.
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor of Science, Economics, 1978-1983
Selected Professional and Business Activities
- Member, California Citizens Compensation Commission (1990-1992)
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT) –
- – Certified Member of the Institute (CMI) – Member of the Board of Governors for the Institute for Professionals in Taxation. Helps to manage and set policy for the Institutes over 5000 members.- Speaker at many Annual conferences on the subject of property and sales & use taxation – Current Chairman of the Institute’s Property Tax School
- Air Transport Association (ATA) Annual Tax Conference
- – Was a speaker of property taxation in the airline industry
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) – Was a speaker of taxation of fleet aircraft – Was a speaker of property taxation in the airline industry
- California Society of Auditor Appraisers – California Assessor Organization
- – Speaker at both their local meetings – Speaker at their Annual Conferences
- International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) – International Assessor organization – Speaker at many of their regional and local chapters
- Chairman, Conrad Johnson Music and Fine Arts Foundation, Houston, TX
The Foundation provides music and arts to inner-city kids of all walks of life for the Houston area – Over the years the youth orchestra has performed all over Texas and the have traveled domestically and abroad.
ITA State & Local Tax Consultants LLC